- RELEASE DATE: September, 2016
- CARD NUMBERS: 1-8
- COMPLETE SET: 8 stickers
- INFORMATION: This set was a surprise to many collectors for a number of reasons. First, the idea of doing a set of cards for a concert is a first for Topps. Sure, there was a previous online exclusive dedicated to bands touring over the summer...but to actually dedicate an entire set to one concert was strange. Secondly, these were only available at the show, and could not be purchased online. The cards sold as a set for $20 and did not come with any packaging/wrapper/etc. From the Riot Fest website:
Somehow the wonderful people at Topps approved Riot Fest to have its very own Garbage Pail Kids Series just in time for the festival next week in Chicago (Sept. 16-18). And we couldn’t be more thrilled.
When we caught word that this would be actually happening, we immediately called some of our Riot friends to see if they’d be into having their own Garbage Pail Card. And within hours, Riot Fest Series One Garbage Pail Kids was born. And it’s fucking awesome:
- 1) NOFX (“Fat Mike”)
These exclusive cards will ONLY be available in limited quantities at Riot Fest Chicago. And, by limited, we mean limited. So, if you want a pack—which contains the entire series—be sure to visit the Riot merch area on Friday because something’s telling us they won’t make it past the day.
2) The Lawrence Arms (“The Lawrence Harmed”)
3) Naked Raygun (“Ray Gun”)
4) Descendents (“Mad Milo”)
5) Riot Fest (“Riot Festus”)
6) Andrew WK (“Awesome Andrew”)
7) Taking Back Sunday (“Taking Back Tidal Wave”)
8) GWAR (“GWAR Noir”)